Thursday 5 November 2015

Make Yourself Happy


When I was very little I loved 
colouring books.But I didn't love rules; I have at least one clear memory of being told my 'creative' technique wasn't 'right'. One infant teacher held my picture up to the whole class as an example of 'wrong' coloured sky (I had made it pink).But this didn't stop me.I drew things my own way and created my world with all the colours I wanted.
I understood at five years old that a new packet of felt tips and a blank sheet provided all  I needed to be happy,so I totally get why adult colouring is so popular. 






This is why you should give it a go:

  1. it's a calming and soothing - we all know mindfulness works, colouring-in creates that feeling without having to try.
  2. You can purchase felt tips and a pencil case! 
  3. There are no rules; no one will tell you the sky isn't pink !
  4. When we access our creativity it produces changes in our brain that makes our thinking clearer and we become more productive.
  5. If we combine colouring with affirmations we are using the relaxed focus to seed the ideas in our minds.
  6. We can do it when other people are watching TV and disappear into our own world without going into a different room.
  7. its joyful to see the colours on the page.
  8. When you have completed a colouring-in it leaves a lovely warm glow of satisfaction.
  9. If you add a bit of folding, cutting or even sticking you can carry your inspirations around in your bag, or put it on the bed side table, anywhere you will catch a glimpse of your work and remember....
  10. Remember how creative, clever, brilliant, fabulous, wonderful and absolutely as happy as you can be in a world of your own making. 
If you would like to colour your own little book of happiness its simple and free. Click here:
Little of Happy Colouring

Simple steps to Make Yourself Happy



  • click link. print sheet. 
  • (If your printer allows set to borderless)










    • relax, have fun, get colouring.



    • get folding : fold in half  long ways.
    • open out
    • fold in half short ways - then fold that fold back to centre.
    • turn over -then fold that fold back to centre.
    • open out




    • cut along the dotted line ( through the middle of the centre )

    • take the whole sheet and PINCH in the centre








    it will be obvious where you should form the book! ( hopefully)


    H is for HAPPINESS - that's the front.

    If you are unsure contact me 
    Rebecca@shinecounselling.co.uk

    I'd love to see your finished books!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment